Open Position Available:
Van Driver (Part Time)
Training & Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent; must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and good driving record.
To assist AIDS Alabama in providing transportation services.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Transport persons living in AIDS Alabama’s housing or community HOPWA Housing to medical and social service appointments in an organized and timely manner;
- Maintain a good rapport with the Transportation Supervisor, employees, and consumers;
- Treat all passengers with dignity and respect at all times;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of transportation provided including odometer readings;
- Maintain documentation of van driver time on a daily basis;
- Assist the Programs Department, when needed, with loading and unloading furniture items;
- Learn and utilize the AIDS Alabama Value Statement and represent AIDS Alabama in a professional manner at all times;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Schedule – Work hours are full-time and may occasionally include nights and/or weekends; varies based on the needs of the consumers and the agency;
- Physical Requirements – May lift up to 75lb, occasionally;
- Safety/Environmental – Exposure to multi-cultural consumers and/or family members with HIV/AIDS (or other STI’s) as well as impaired cognitive behaviors.
Represent the Agency on the phone, through the mail, and in-person in a way that reflects the Agency’s mission. Must be willing and able to abide by all Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines (including, but not limited to, Human Resources/Personnel, Finance, Operational, and Housing) as presented and as adapted. Establish a strong, solid communication with the Transportation Supervisor and Executive Director. Must be willing and able to complete all required trainings in obligatory timeframes. All employees are expected to perform in a mature, professional, business-like manner. Participation in Agency activities and fundraisers is expected as necessary and requested. Be aware that breach of confidentiality is grounds for dismissal. This job description can be modified to reflect additional tasks.
AIDS Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer.